The choice to have and raise a healthy family is a human right. Sadly, not all communities have the same access to resources and opportunities to thrive.
EverThrive IL ensures that communities most impacted by injustice have the access, resources, and health care necessary to create and sustain healthy families on their own terms. We affirm and center the experiences of communities most impacted by injustice to achieve reproductive justice for all – but especially Black, Brown, Indigenous, and LGBTQIA communities.
Our Policy Priorities for 2023 Include:
Health Insurance for All
- Expanding access to comprehensive, affordable health insurance for all Illinoisans, regardless of immigration status, including as champions of the Healthy Illinois for All Act
Defending Sexual and Reproductive Health Care
- Guaranteeing and expanding access to sexual and reproductive health care that is affordable and affirming for BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ communities and ensuring Illinois is a sanctuary for abortion care
Advancing Birth Equity and Supporting Families
- Advancing birth equity by adequately funding new and existing programs and supports that improve health outcomes among pregnant/postpartum people and infants, including:
- Expanding access to doula care and other birth supports;
- Providing paid family and medical leave;
- Addressing mental health needs of pregnant and postpartum people, including substance use support; and
- Increasing funding for childcare and home visiting programs.
Equitable Vaccine Access
- Supporting equitable access to vaccines and programs that promote timely, science-based vaccine information
Funding Robust Programs
- Adequately funding health care and social service programs that promote the wellbeing of parents, pregnant and postpartum people, young people, and their communities
If you have questions or would like to discuss these priorities, contact Kathy Waligora at email@example.com