Budget decisions affect every Illinois resident. Vital services provided by the state support the needs of families and communities. Cutting these public services is not an option that we can accept.
The Protect Medicaid Coalition unites organizations from across Illinois to tell the story of the millions of children and adults who rely on health care services supported by the state and demand responsible budget solutions which improve access to and quality of care.
Take action today by completing this pledge form to join the coalition and sign this petition which calls on Governor Rauner and the General Assembly to stop $1.5 million in proposed cuts to the Medicaid program. If you have questions, please contact Kathy Waligora.
Protect Medicaid Materials
- Overview of Governor Rauner's Proposed FY2016 Medicaid Budget
- Fact Sheet about the Medicaid Program
- HR253 Factsheet- Protect Medicaid Resolution
- Contact information for the Protect Medicaid Coalition Steering Committee
- Medicaid and CHIP enrollment by House District, with twitter handles for Representatives
- Medicaid and CHIP enrollment by Senate District, with twitter handles for Senators
- Medicaid Matters photo card
- Protect Medicaid: Proposed Medicaid cuts will cause real suffering and increase state costs
Materials from Medicaid Advocacy Summit on March 6, 2015