EverThrive Illinois is committed to aggressively defending the Affordable Care Act. As we face significant threats to health access from Congress, partners across the state must work together to make clear that the people of Illinois refuse to move backward. The following resources will help community groups tell the story of the ACA and Medicaid in their communities.
Keep in the Loop
Share Your Story
is a space where people who have been positively impacted by the ACA or Medicaid can share their story. Stories are a crucial for showing just what is at risk if members of Congress strip millions of Americans of their health care.
Defending Health Access in Illinois: the ACA and Medicaid Post-Election
Monday, December 12
Health Reform Director
Senior Policy Specialist
Sargent Shriver National Center on Poverty Law
ice President of Policy
AIDS Foundation of Chicago
Find Out More
- ACA Numbers by Congressional District
- No Repeal without Replace - fact sheet
- This guide to action provides three easy steps that everyone can take to protect health access TODAY. In a simple half sheet format, these forms can be printed and shared at enrollment events, health centers, and other outreach sites.
- This fact sheet outlines exactly how the ACA and Medicaid have improved access to health care for millions of people across Illinois.
- addresses key questions that people may have as they understand the impact of the election on their health care today.
- While no firm policy has been crafted yet, Speaker Ryan has put forward the "Better Way Plan" as a replacement for the ACA. This blog from the Shriver Center explain why the plan is a disaster for health access, especially for low- and middle-income families in this blog series.