Loretta Lacey Maternal & Child Health Advocacy Awards and Dr. Garry Gardner Health Care Provider Award
Every year, EverThrive Illinois awards three outstanding professionals at the June Annual Meeting of the maternal and child health community.
- Loretta P. Lacey Community Advocate
- Loretta P. Lacey Researcher
- Garry Gardner Health Care Provider
EverThrive IL has named these awards after inspirational leaders in the Illinois maternal and child health field. Loretta Lacey, RN, DrPh spent 25 years working to improve the health of women, children, and families as a researcher, teacher, administrator, and most importantly, advocate. She successfully led the effort to expand free breast and cervical screenings through the city and county, increasing the number of women who accessed these vital preventive services.
Garry Gardner, MD, was one of the founding partners of DuPage Pediatrics, Darien, Illinois, where he practiced for 40 years and was a founding Board member of the Illinois Maternal and Child Health Coalition. He received many awards for his leadership throughout the years, including being named Pediatrician of the Year from the Illinois Chapter of American Academy of Pediatrics.
- Researcher - This category is for an individual who conducts research and uses the findings to advocate for improvements in maternal and child health.
- Community Advocate - This category is for an individual who works at the community level to advocate for improvements in maternal and child health.
- Health Care Provider – This category is for an individual who provides direct medical services and uses their knowledge/practice to advocate for improvements in maternal and child health.
The Awards will be presented at EverThrive Illinois’ Annual Luncheon on Tuesday, June 13 from 11:30am - 2:00 pm at Maggiano’s Little Italy, 111 W. Grand Ave., Chicago.
Submit your nomination form by Friday, March 3. If you have any questions, please contact Joanna Medina-Moy at 312-491-8161 or email@example.com.
Self-nominations are permitted.