EverThrive Illinois works to improve the health of women, children, and families over the lifespan through community engagement, partnerships, policy analysis, education, and advocacy.
EverThrive Illinois envisions an Illinois that works towards equity and social justice, fosters the development of healthy families, and provides fair access to quality health care - the basic rights of all human beings.
- The right to be born healthy and raised in a safe and nurturing environment
- The voice of the collective to facilitate change
- Cultural competence and respect for diversity
- Access to high-quality, comprehensive health care
- The elimination of health disparities among all populations
- Health care and health education in schools
- Healthy lifestyles, nutrition, and cooking education
- Immunizations across the lifespan
- Infant and maternal morbidity and mortality reduction
- Leadership development in maternal and child health field
- Reproductive health justice
Areas of Focus
Focuses on providing the state's youth with high quality health care, education, and engagement opportunities.
Focuses on increasing immunization rates and decreasing the incidence of vaccine-preventable disease across the lifespan by promoting the delivery of safe, effective, and timely immunizations.
Seeks to reduce racial and ethnic health disparities through community development and health promotion, connecting community members with partners in health, housing, education, public safety, and economic development.
Provides outreach, education, and programming to inspire individuals to become proactive in improving their health and advocate for policies that will protect the health of vulnerable populations and work to end hunger in America.
Devoted to the promotion and implementation of positive health care reform policies and the strengthening of Medicaid and other safety net systems while advocating for policies that bring us closer to providing every individual with high quality, comprehensive health care.